Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Return to the Flaneur/Flaneuse

Hey,

So we've come to the end of the course. The exam will take place less than three hours from the time I am writing. It's been fun.

I want to direct your attention to the video below. This is how some fellow undergraduates in the drama program at U of T read and practice Benjamin. Our class assignment on the flaneur provided, I believe, some measure of what these students must have experienced in Berlin. Some approximation.

There is so much excitement in the eyes of these students. There was far too much information to process and to convey. It's this energy and this process of telling a story that's so much larger than yourself that I desire. If you too desire this experience, I would encourage you to travel, to listen and to learn broadly.

Best,
Dan

AftER - Walter Benjamin project 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home